Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It finally happened...

When we bought the house, Joe looked and me and said that it was only a matter of time before he'd leave for a few hours and come home to a different colored room. Joe's prophecy came true a little under a year later - when he left for work Monday morning, our bathroom was a lovely sponge-painted mess of three shades of green and white. When he came home just 14 hours later, the green had been replaced by a lovely shade of lavender!

I woke up yesterday morning and decided that even though we are hoping to completely redo our one and only bathroom soon, the time had come to relieve our eyes of the horrible paint job. The previous owner must have loved green, because the walls, floor and tiles in the bathroom were all ugly shades of green. Add fake white wainscoting, cream toilet and tub and a white vanity with cream colored vanity top, and it was all just a little too much. Now, we don't really like much of anything in the bathroom, but I knew I couldn't get carried away. So I grabbed a spare green tile, one of our bath towels and headed to Lowes. Figuring that purple and green are complementary colors, I went with a not too pale but not too dark shade of lavender that looked like it would work, and if nothing else, brighten up the room. I started the project around noon, arrived home with the paint at 1:00, and finished painting by about 6pm. Luckily, Joe was working late, so I had plently of time to clean up, rehang the mirror and shower curtain and put up the lightswitch plate again, so it actually looked finished.

My camera is at work, but I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of our partial bathroom remodel!

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

I love one-day paint jobs. It makes such a big difference and its so nice to just get it all done! Even better for Joe in this case...