Thursday, April 23, 2015

Last day

To start our last day as a family of four, joe and I took the kids for donuts. But seeing as how it was also "take your kid to work day," we opted to eat those donuts in dad's office. Cause that's totally what he does all day ;)


After the breakfast treat, the kids and I said goodbye to Joe and headed to the zoo. The weather was beautiful and we had a great morning exploring in Africa, and checking out the polar bears and penguins. 


The zoo recently rebuilt their playground, and Joseph kept asking to check it out. So we spent our last minutes on the playground and in the discovery barn, where Maddie thought the meerkats were super fun to watch. 


By 12:15 it was definitely time to hit the road so we could get back for naps and a work call I had scheduled. Both kids had a lot of fun, and although all that walking did nothing to kick start labor, it was a great way to spend the last day of this pregnancy. 

Tomorrow is the big induction day, at 39 weeks 6 days. Although I haven't had a lot of progress to date (I was 1cm dilated and 75% effaced I think at my appointment Wednesday) I'm hoping labor goes smoothly and we will have a heathy newborn to share lots of pictures of tomorrow!

No comments: