Thursday, December 6, 2007

Amazing! It fits!

Last night I decided, in light of the weather forecast predicting a couple inches of snow, freezing rain and possibly ice, that it was high time to clean out the garage once and for all. We had it almost usable a month or so ago, but with all of the house projects ongoing, it became the storage unit for our old couches, old doors, wood from the door frames, etc. As soon as I got home, I started working on cleaning it up. I managed to drag the two old doors down to the basement, put some of the old wood in one of our trashcans, and the old door frames piled neatly in front of them. The lawn mower moved around to the back of the garage as well. I knew I wasn't going to be able to pull the couch to the basement by myself so I push it to the front wall of the garage, swept the whole thing out, and the proceeded, very cautiously I might add, to pull my car in. It is only a 1 car garage, and with bikes along the wall and all of the miscellaneous stuff in the back of the garage it was slightly scary but so fun at the same time!

Joe got home as I was pulling the car in, helped carry the couch to the basement and then I was able to pull my car all the way into the garage and close the garage door.

There have been a bunch of house projects that make living in the house seem so much more enjoyable, but I can't wait to have a nice dry, snow and ice free car in the mornings! (And yes, I'll share the garage with Joe.... sometimes! :) )

1 comment:

Mom said...

Congratulations!!! Now, it won't snow for a long time but that is alright. Funny how the older you get the more important a garage is and other things are. But you will definetely love it in the winter time. Keep up the good work Babe!
Mom