Saturday, February 28, 2009

Success!

The delay in posting this week has been due to one thing, and that's a successful boat show! My gut feeling was spot on - we met all of my sales goals for kayaks, and did sell a few sailboats, including one of the bigger boats! The stack of pending sales contracts on my desk is quite large, so trying to sort through that has taken a while. That, and the fact that while we were moving out of the show, we decided to completely remodel my store. Top to bottom, every fixture moved, along with everything on those shelves! Now, almost one week later, and things are almost entirely put back together.

In other news, the lawsuit is officially over. What a relief! Now we are able to close on the refinance of our home on Wednesday and check that off the list. As I know I've mentioned before, we're going to be able to use the new equity in the house to go from 2 loans, one being an ARM that resets in 3 1/2 years, to 1 fixed rate loan with a lower interest rate. We'll be saving a few hundred dollars each month, which is a welcome change.

Oh, and although today is the last day of February, we managed to have a snow storm come through and drop more snow than we've received all year on us! So far we've got about 4 inches, and it's still falling. It hasn't snowed enough this year (in my opinion, so I can't wait to go home after work and play with the pups, then relax on the couch watching movies or something. It's been almost 3 weeks since I've had a weekend off, and I'm definitely ready!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! You guys have got it all together! We just got our property tax statement, and, according to the state, our house value has dropped almost 50% since we bought it! Darn foreclosures! I feel really bad for the people who bought before we did! I am so happy that all this stuff is working out for you guys!

Mom said...

Congratulations on the terrific boat shows and sucess of your store. How exciting to have everything coming together so well. Mom