Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not beans, nor blowing raspberries, but

Books. Yup, while our favorite nephews and niece are learning all about the world around them and realizing that obedience can be quite rewarding (what a cute idea, Lisa!), Joe and I decided last night to expand on our knowledge of the history of Kansas City. After grabbing a late lunch/early dinner, we headed over to the local library where we stocked up on some reading materials. We each checked out a book on Kansas City's history, which I find to be quite interesting. Right now I've gotten through to the 1880s, and discovered that back then, the City Market, the area where Joe and I first lived when we moved here, was the spot where over 40 bordellos and 250 "working women" used to live and work. Interesting. Glad it's not that way anymore!

Anyway, I also found Obama's The Audacity of Hope which I figured would be a good thing to have read. So now there's no excuse for late night TV watching - we have a lot of reading to do over the next week or so.

No comments: