Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Trunk or Treating

Wednesday night, before heading to St. Louis, Joseph, Tricia and I headed out to my mom's group's annual Trunk or Treat. My camera has a really hard time (or, maybe I'm just bad at using the camera!) capturing images at dusk, especially when the subject of said photos is in perpetual motion.

We enjoyed a few slices of pizza, and Joseph actually ate a piece! Usually he likes to pick the toppings off of ours and just eat those, but it seems he's graduated to eating pizza the way it was designed.

He then played on the playground for a while, until it was time to head over to the parking lot. My parents were going to borrow the travel platform, so I had Joe install it on the RAV before he left for Wilmington. Joseph saw that I'd placed our bowl of candy on it, and realized right away that not only could he easily hop up on it, but it made a great perch for eating candy and watching the kids come over!


He didn't really understand the concept of trick or treating; rather, as each kid took a piece or two of candy out of the bowl, he seemed confused about why they were taking his treats! It took a little convincing, but eventually Tricia and I got him off the platform and showed him how to go car to car, picking candy and dropping it into his bag.


It didn't take too long before he definitely got the hang of it, and ran between the cars to gather his candy. I don't think he still really understood what was going on, but he liked being able to eat candy freely! It was definitely a good warm-up to the weekend of Halloween activities at Grammy and Granpa's house while Joe and I were in NC for the half-ironman.

No comments: