Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve is finally here!

My lack of posts should indicate just how busy we've been these last few weeks getting everything ready for Christmas. Joseph and I have been busy shopping, wrapping gifts, making cookies, and taking time to go to St. Louis for a little early Christmas celebration. Last night at 11pm I finally retired my sewing machine back into its box for a long break. I have no plans to pull it back out until 2012!

I've spent most of the month hand-crafting my/our gifts, focusing on my side of the family, since we've distributed gifts on Joe's side already. I had no idea how long some of them would take to come together, and realized at the beginning of the week that I've spent the last 2 months sewing and crafting for everyone but Joe and Joseph! Oh the guilt.

I'm practically on a first name basis with the ladies (and one guy) who work at JoAnn's Fabrics, since I've been there more times than I'd like to admit this Christmas season. I thought it'd be cute to make my boys matching pajama pants, but had a hard time finding material that they'd both like. I had given up all hope, but on Thursday I had to make a quick stop to pick up some thread and found a cute Christmas flannel on clearance. I didn't think twice, bought a few yards, and then spent yesterday making them each pants. Of course, I managed to jam up my machine shortly after starting, which required a trip to the sewing machine store and quick prayers that they could get my machine in working order again while I waited. Luckily, it wasn't a big deal, and 20 minutes later we were back in the car with a fully functioning machine!

I continued sewing right through Joseph's nap, and finished up just before my 5pm hair appointment. At said appointment, I got a hairbrained idea that Joseph should also have a matching shirt.... so I thought and thought while being pampered and came up with a plan. I got home, put the finishing touches on the last gift I was working on, and then at 10:30 whipped up a quick appliqued shirt for Joseph. Nuts, I tell you! I got a chance to try Joseph's pants on him and they should fit fine, but since I was going with the "use and existing pair of pants that fit as a pattern" method, I'm just crossing my fingers that Joe's fit him as well. I guess you'll find out if you see lots of Christmas morning pictures on here and they match! :)

At least I'm done and get a day off to enjoy hanging out with the boys, making cookies for Santa and watching Christmas movies, going to Christmas eve church service tonight, homemade dinner and getting everything ready for tomorrow! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: