Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Maddie-isms

Maddie's amazing vocabulary continues to amaze. It's great that she's as articulate as she is; definitely a lot easier than most 2 year olds.

She has a few new things she likes to say that I need to capture, because they make me giggle.

She always wants to share my drinks, whether water, iced tea or soda. I'll let her have sips of the first two, but remind her that she can't drink mommy's soda. So now when she asks if she can have some, and I tell her no, she'll give me a cute look and recite, "Ahh, that's mommy's soda. Soda's not for little girls. Soda's not for little boys. Just mommies, daddies, Molly and TV." (or insert whatever else happens to be distracting her at the time)

She's adamant that she can put her socks and shoes on by herself, and actually does a pretty good job, most of the time. But there are times when she insists she doesn't need socks because it's easier for her to get her shoes on without them. It's been cold enough lately, though, that we insist she wear socks so her feet don't get cold. Thus, when she's putting socks and shoes on, she'll tell me "I need to put my socks on my tootsies so my tootsies don't get cold and turn into bicycles!" So close, sweet girl, so close. Bicycles = icicles, which, to be fair, she probably hasn't ever seen before!

1 comment:

Ashley Olson said...

We need to record a conversation between her and mason!!!