Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Daily Grind

It is so hard to get up in the morning when I can snuggle with this sweet boy!


But then I remember that he is usually all smiles as soon as he is awake, and that's fun too. 
Oh, and he is super talkative. I can't believe how many heart to heart conversations we have had over the past month ;)

Joseph and Maddie definitely love their brother. Joseph now realizes there is an unequal number of kids, and has started to ask when we will have another, or why he doesn't have two sisters. I think he would be happy if we had lots of kids!


More sweet sleeping baby. He now sleeps swaddled by himself in his crib, except last week when we were in St. Louis. He is so happy to have his hands free when I unswaddle him after nursing him, he frequently falls back asleep like this. 

On Sunday, Ashley's birthday, Jen took us to get our nails done. Since the timing didn't work out for Maddie to come with us before the wedding, we opted to let her come this time. 

She was so funny- she sat on my lap while I got a pedicure and asked pointed questions about what the technician was doing and why. When the massage chair started shaking both of us, she looked at me with a funny look, asking "mommy, is there another baby in your tummy?" I don't know if she would have been happy if the answer was yes or not. 

Eventually she decided that "she was ready" to have her nails painted. She changed her mind about initially picking purple and chose a hot pink. 

She was such an old pro! I was sitting in the chair in front of her, and kept giggling listening to her carrying on a conversation with her tech, as if she were 20 years old!


This week is giving me a glympse of what life may be like when school starts back up. Joseph has been going to VBS every morning, and since there isn't a PDO option for Maddie, she has been hanging out with Jack and me. 
Today we went to a playground like she wanted, although it didn't go as planned. We were the only ones there, and after a few minutes she decided she was done. I know she couldn't put her feelings into words, but she didn't know what to do without Joseph or any other kids. Later this afternoon, after we picked Joseph up, we went to another playground and she was much happier. 

Maddie has also been practicing being my best helper, including while shopping. She insisted on pushing the stroller, so I directed her to a little cart. She was so funny pushing it up and down the aisles like she owned the store!



And in an attempt to keep up with milestones, I've really made an emphasis on having jack do more tummy time. I realized he hardly ever does it, since he spends most of his day either asleep or in his car seat. Tonight, before his bath, we did some practice. 
I mean, he's only got one more month until we have to take his set of pictures on Jill's green blanket, just like Maddie and Joseph. So we've got some practicing to do!


In other news, Jack has definitely discovered his hands this week. He's been playing with them and chewing on them, when he can direct them into his mouth. And if a pacifier falls out and stays relatively close to his mouth, he can sometimes pop it back it. 
I hate how fast this summer is going. One month from now I will have a kindergartener! 

1 comment:

Linda said...

He is seriously adorable! I think he looks a lot like Christopher in the first picture.