Tuesday, October 2, 2007

First Real Dinner

I decided it was time to actually try out the kitchen in our new house, now that we're finally starting to get settled. Joe was working late last night, so after I got home and walked the dogs, I ran up to the grocery store to get everything I would need. I decided to try a couple of new recipes, Provolone and Sundried Tomato Bread, and Tomato Sausage Penne. It took longer than I had expected, as I'm trying to get used to the range and oven (it cooks very differently than the one at our last apartment!). Everything turned out great though.... and the recipe that said it fed 6-8 people easily could have fed a small army! We had enough left over for at least 2-3 more meals for both of us!

By the time we finished eating and cleaned up the kitchen, it was almost 10, but Joe had started hanging the new faux wood blinds we purchased for our bedroom. So he finished hanging those (we've had naked windows now for 2 weeks!) by about 11pm, and we finally went to bed. There's still a ton left to do on our immediate project list - more work for me tonight!

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Wow! I am impressed with your culinary skills! Sounds like you are having quite the adventure with the new house. Very fun! I look forward to reading more posts!