Monday, October 8, 2007

weekend fun

Joe's firm takes turns working Saturdays, and this past weekend was his turn to work. I decided to make the most of my full day of decent weather and tackle another section of the very overgrown back yard. Some of the bushes/trees have died but are still in the ground, so I was trying to cut them back so we can eventually dig them up. Lucy and Molly had a blast chasing each other and trying to attack any squirrels that were dumb enough to venture into the yard. After about two hours of work, I had filled all of our yard waste bags (8) - and only covered a section of the propertly line approximately 10 feet long. It's simply amazing to me how much overgrowth there is!

As a reminder, to date, we've gone through 30 yard bags and only attacked about 1/4 of the yard....

I also managed to finish touching up the paint in our bedroom, hang the bedroom and closet doors I had taken down to paint last week, unpack some more boxes and get some laundry done. Doing laundry in our new machines is considerably more fun - the controls are electronic and remind me to have a great day at the end of the drying cycle. :)

Joe got home from work a little early and we managed to get the rest of the fence put back together. So we now have two new fences gates, one on either side of the yard, and some new fencing. We're almost done installing the door from the kitchen into the garage - just need to finish the trim and add the door knob/lock.

I took some pictures this weekend, and once I find my cord that connects my camera to the computer, I'll be sure to add them here.

No comments: