Monday, November 16, 2009

Starting to measure ahead...

I had my last 4 week appointment today, during which I had the gestational diabetes test. I'll get the results in the next day or two, and hopefully everything's fine. The doctor also measured me and said I'm measuring at 29 weeks, while I'm actually at 27 1/2 weeks. Joe's convinced the baby is going to show up 10 days early (and has been saying this for a few months now), which may suggest he knows something I don't! Regardless, everthing looks good, and now I start doctor's visits every other week. I'm still growing and the weight continues to pile on, which I'm not thrilled about. But other than an increasing acid reflux problem and worsening sciatic nerve pain, which leads to quite a lower back ache, I'm still feeling good.

In other baby news, Joe did a fantastic job this weekend in the nursery - all of the wallpaper paste is gone! Tonight he's sanding and mudding the walls, and tomorrow will bring more sanding and prepping. Looks like the room will be primed and ready to paint this weekend! (No, we still haven't picked paint colors, but we're at least getting closer). I spent a good chunk of today sewing up a few dozen cloth wipes, so I could get them finished and practice more sewing before I tackle the actual diapers and diaper covers. They certainly aren't pretty (light blue flannel on one side, and either white or grey cotton jersey on the other), but hopefully will useful and hold up to the frequent washings!

No comments: