Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Almost 100 days!


So tomorrow marks the 100 days left mark, and this week I'll be 26 weeks pregnant. I feel like I look so much more pregnant than the picture above shows, but I guess my growing chest doesn't help matters. The baby is doing well, he's getting really active and particularly enjoys kicking whichever side I'm trying to lay on when I go to sleep. Thus, I'm starting to get to the point of not being able to sleep soundly most nights. I know it's only going to get worse, so I'm trying to enjoy the few goods nights that I have when they happen!

I've started my work-from-home phase, but while I was in St. Louis, Joe started (much to my surprise) to work on the nursery. We had moved all of the furniture out a few weeks ago, and swapped our queen sized bed with my parents for a daybed/trundle that would fit up the stairs into our old office/new guest room upstairs. We haven't decided on how to paint the room, but Joe went ahead and tried to start priming the room. Unfortunately, the room has not one, but two layers of wallpaper, both of which were painted over, and made the prep a nightmare! By the time I got home, the wallpaper was all down, but the last layer of paste was still up and quite challenging to remove. We're still working on it, but hopefully will get it all off in the next few days so we can fix the cracks and bad spots in the plaster this weekend.

We think we've decided on a crib, and when we went to buy it, the salesperson let us know that the store was going to be having a big one day sale on the 14th. She advised us that they had plenty of the model and color we want in stock, and to wait to buy until then. Hopefully all of this will be worth it, as I'm starting to get nervous that we don't have any furniture at all!

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Exciting! Are you registered yet?