Thursday, June 20, 2013

Getting the house ready to sell

I spent most of the month of April getting the house in tip-top shape, cleaning, purging, cleaning again, and packing up things so the closets and playroom didn't look full of stuff. The weather finally cooperated, and we were able to get the house painted, which was sorely needed. It took a while to get used to the new color, but it looks so much nicer that the faded yellow with green shutters!


Our agent hired a stager to come and help get the house ready for pictures, and she made a few nice tweaks to make the space look that little bit nicer. I had been shopping for a few items to dress the house, including new curtains, new rug in the living room, throw pillows, pictures and a few flower arrangements, and the house looked great!



Joseph had a lot of fun being my super helper, cleaning everything in sight. He was great at helping me scrub the inside of the oven, taking his job extremely seriously.



And after we got home from Florida, where he spent most days using Mimi's swiffer sweeper, I made his day and bought him his very own swiffer. You would have thought it was Christmas with how excited he was! He loves to pull it down off the hook in the back hallway and swiffer the whole first floor. I'm glad to keep him busy and get some cleaning done for free! Except for mornings like today when I sat down on the living room floor, commented that we needed to clean, and he told me it was ok, I could use his swiffer to clean because it was my job. Figures!

We were beyond excited to get the house on the market the Friday before Mother's Day, and get an offer $5,000 over our asking price from the first people to tour it! We were happy to accept and not have to deal with lots of other showings and keeping the house clean. What a great Mother's Day present!

No comments: