Tuesday, September 9, 2014

And so potty training #2 begins...

Maddie has been seriously interested in potty training for weeks. I'm sure it helps that she watches Joseph, Joe and me just about every time we use the bathroom, and we have a "signing time" DVD that teaches some potty training that she loves to watch.

I wanted to wait until after getting home from Disneyland to start potty training, as I couldn't think of much worse than taking a newly trained kiddo to a place where we wouldn't be able to get to a bathroom quickly or easily. But last week, Maddie started asking to put her "pee pee in the froggy potty." So out came the training toilet, and we'd let her sit on it. She'd give us this look like, yeah, I'm here, now what happens?

Well, today as I was changing a poopy diaper, she asked again to sit on the frog, so I obliged. This time, she actually peed! In the froggy potty! Hooray Maddie! I had planned on starting potty training in earnest this weekend, so I guess we're off to the races.

Amusingly, she turned down a candy reward in lieu of having Joseph and me sing her the "Happy Birthday" song. She's been a fan of the birthday week celebrations to say the least.

I offered to let her wear a big girl pull-up, instead of a diaper. She was so excited. Until she saw the pull-up. I guess it hadn't really occurred to me, but that little girl is so used to seeing Joseph wear Cars themed pull-ups that she was completed distraught at the pink and purple Doc McStuffins pull-up I put on her. Oops! Glad I've stocked up on girl pull-ups, when it looks like I may need to go get some boy ones so she can match her big brother.

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a cutie; Good luck!

Lisa C said...

That's too funny. Good luck!