Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another milestone

So I've been mainly wearing my normal pants, although shorts and some of my jeans just don't quite fit anymore. This morning, with my only pair of "fat" jeans in the wash, I pulled out two of my "normal" pre-pregnany jeans. The first pair was definitely a no go - I could hardly get them zipped! The second pair was better, and zipped about 2/3 of the way up before it was really uncomfortable. Remembering that I had my "belly band" (a stretchy band of material used to help hold waistbands up when you can't zip all the way) to use, I grabbed that and it seemed to do the trick. Until I'd been wearing it a few hours. I know understand why pregnant women seem to hate zippers! I hadn't felt this uncomfortable at all in the previous 15 weeks, but I guess I'm now to the point where I need the soft, stretchy maternity bottoms. Of course, I still don't have much of a belly, but just enough of one to take notice!

Anyway, I went to a local consignment maternity store at lunch and bought another pair of maternity jeans, since my first pair seem to need a much larger belly to stay up. Hopefully these will work out for the next few weeks, and at $15, I don't mind the "splurge"!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It's hard to find anything to wear at that weird in between stage! I felt that way after I had Ethan too when I really did not want to wear the same maternity clothes I had been wearing forever (especially since I was no longer pregnant), but I didn't fit into my regular clothes. It's a good idea to go to a consignment store--I'll have to do that next time!