Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Belly on the way

The week has been so nice - I am at that stage where I really don't feel pregnant, have much of my "normal" energy back, and have taken up jogging with the dogs again. I know I'm not supposed to be dieting or trying to lose weight right now, but I felt like I put on too much weight in the first trimester so I've been trying to watch more closely what I'm eating and up my activity levels to flatten out the growth. What I can't flatten out, though, is the slowly growing belly. This week I've noticed that I'm really starting to look more round (of course, ask me again in a few months and I'm sure I'll tell you I was crazy right now!).

Most of my jeans and shorts still fit, but are getting rather tight at the waist. Yesterday I was doing laundry and tried to get it all finished, but the jeans and shorts were the last load to be finished, and weren't dry this morning. Since I didn't have anything else to wear, and didn't want to wear a dress to work, I pulled the maternity jeans out of the bag that has been sitting on the floor for the last couple of weeks and decided I'd wear them today. Now, the elastic waist is quite comfortable, but I definitely put them on too soon - I can't hardly keep them up! Not that they're falling down, but they keep slowly creeping down to the point where I feel like the crotch is down around my knees. Sigh. I'm officially to the point of being a little too snug in my normal clothes to be comfortable (and not look like I'm really pudgy), but nowhere near big enough for true maternity clothes. Hopefully this period won't last too long, b/c I'm going to get really tired of the limited options I currently have!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can't wait to see that little tummy! I remember those days long ago when my pants would creep down because they were still too big. Just wait.... in a few months that won't be a problem! Baby Jeppson will see to that!