Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oooh, it's getting exciting!

Don't you want to know how great the nursery looks? You should! :) We are at the 90% finished spot, with just a little more outlining to do on the characters on the southwest corner of the room, a few touch-ups with paint, install window treatments, find a light fixture and figure out what we're going to do with pictures hanging on the wall above the crib. Here's a teaser picture that still needs a few spots touched up, but it'll give you an idea of how great the room is turning out....

Isn't Joe's artistic ability amazing? This is one part of our "one fish, two fish" and "green eggs and ham" scene on the south wall. I think it's both of our favorite parts so far.

Last night we stayed up late and put the crib together, after Joe finished the north wall and part of the west wall so we could move the dresser into its spot. Joe had asked me to bake "a million" cookies for him to take to hearings and give out as gifts today, so I spent the evening baking about 13 dozen pumpkin cookies and peanut butter kisses. He continued to work on the room, so we got to putting the crib together around 10:30. Luckily, it went together really fast, despite horrible directions.

And here's the finished product! The bedding is in the wash as I type, and I can't wait to get it all put together. We even brought the glider chair, ottoman, and the cute lamp that started this whole project into the room... it's really coming together! Our (ok, my) initial goal was to have the room finished by Christmas. Looks like that's not going to happen, but if little Joe shows up early he certainly has a room that is almost ready to go - just needs the finishing touches!




4 comments:

Mom said...

I'm just amazed at how great this looks. You kids are awesome and I'm so proud of Joseph. He always did like projects, but this tops the cake. I can't wait to see the finished product with little 7 in the crib or rocking on moms lap. Thanks for the pics. MOM

Lisa C said...

WOW! Amazing!

Lisa C said...

I hope you left a big spot for your cross stitch. I think it will be kind of big for the resolution to work out.

Nicole said...

James and I really like what you've done with the nursery! You've done a great job matching the colors to the original Dr. Seuss and the pictures look fantastic. Really impressive!