Monday, December 14, 2009

T Minus Two Months!

It's crazy that we're at less than two months to the baby's due date now! This week has been a solid push to getting the nursery finished so that we can make our "done by Christmas" deadline. After re-examining the various mural images and starting to trace them on the walls on Wednesday, we (ok, I) decided I wasn't thrilled with the way one section was looking, and neither of us were happy with the north wall (the scene from The Lorax), so we (ok, Joe) spent another day redesigning the parts we weren't too happy about. I think in the end, we're both much happier with the newest designs, which seem to flow much better than the last set did.

Saturday, I did some work for the store while Joe finished tracing all of the images onto the walls. We had already bought the paint for the background sections of sky, grass and water, so Saturday night we stayed up getting all of that painted. It really didn't take as long as I thought it might, and the paint we bought must have been a really good quality paint (whatever Sherwin-Williams recommended for kids rooms) because we really only needed one coat.

Sunday was the beginning of the detail work, painting each of the characters. We're using craft acrylic paint for that, which is thinner than wall paint. It's taking longer than Joe though b/c of the trade off between more thin coats, or one-two heavy coats of paint. I got a little frustrated with the painting, and since this is Joe's project, left him to continue the detail work Sunday night while I made cookies for a cookie exchange at my friend's office and a couple more diapers. Turns out, I'm getting pretty decent at making diapers now! Maybe next week I'll venture into new sewing territory, like baby pants! :)

Pictures are coming.... I promise!

2 comments:

Lisa C said...

Yes! Pictures!

Mom said...

Wow, the pictures are looking really good on the walls. I'm excited to see the finished product.