Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baby Proofing

Once we realized how close Joseph was to crawling, we knew it was time to finish baby proofing. I wanted to cover the brick hearth on the fireplace, but wasn't sure the best way to do it. Joe suggested building a wooden cover that I could then upholster, so that's what we did. It only took a few days of working in the evenings for Joe to get the cover perfected, and I spent about an hour and a half covering it with foam, batting and finally a vinyl (read kid & dog friendly since I can wipe it down!) fabric.

Of course, as soon as I wedged it into place, Joseph had to crawl over and test it out for me.
 And wouldn't you know it, it has becomea favorite play space, since he can almost stand up while holding on to it, and it's the only thing short enough for him to crawl up onto! He's definitely learning the word "no" now, as I'll tell him no and shake my head when he starts up on it. His response? He looks over at me when I call his name, shakes his head no while grinning or laughing at me, and frantically tries to crawl faster. Such a stinker! :)

He and Molly are quickly becoming best friends. Well, Molly is happy to let him climb on her and pat pull her fur, in exchange for the copious amounts of food she's starting to get at each meal and snack time.
 He's still obsessed with getting her ball whenever it's in plain sight. I think she's started hiding her balls under the couch though, because she'll randomly pull one out, play with it for a while, and then it disappears after he gets interested.

1 comment:

Joe VI said...

He looks like Grammy Carol in the picture that he is looking back over his shoulder from the fireplace.