Friday, October 8, 2010

Busy Busy

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated the blog - sorry! We've been really busy lately, and most of it involves trying to spend time outside and working on projects around the house. It's been simply gorgeous here, with sunny warm days and cool evenings. I went ahead and joined a stay-at-home mom's group, and between trying to get to those events, a trip to the zoo, and a furniture painting project I'm working on, things have been really busy this week.

Last Saturday there was a 5k race through our neighborhood, so we decided to wake up and "tailgate." We set up our lawn chairs on the driveway, brought out our wireless speakers to play the Beach Boys, and cheered the runners on. It was really pretty chilly, so we bundled up... and because he had just woken up, Joseph let us put his cute new racoon hat on him!


Speaking of the little guy, he's getting closer and closer to crawling. He'll now get into a plank position, up on his toes and hands, and rock, but hasn't figured out moving forward yet.



 He will scoot around all over though, by pushing himself backwards. It's only a matter of time before he figures out how to go forward, and then it's all over!

Last weekend was also Ashley and Mikael's first anniversary, and they decided to take a trip to NYC. They have these huge windows in their basement, and hadn't ever found curtains, so I pulled out the sewing machine and made these for them as a surprise.

They certainly aren't perfect, but enabled me to spend more time practice sewing... and even my resourcefulness, as Jo-Anns ran out of the tan fabric that I needed for the 5th window. Instead of trying to make a similar curtain with just the striped material, I used a painter's dropcloth - you can't really even tell the difference!

And thanks to the blogs that I follow, I managed to practically steal food this week from our local grocery store. They had a promotion going that, when paired with coupons, allowed me to buy all of this for $9.51! I saved over $56, and was so excited.


I've got cute videos of the baby coming, but need to upload and convert them. I'll post them soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, we miss him!!! He getting soooo big !! Any day now he is going to figure out crawling...then the fun reallly starts!!!