Friday, September 21, 2012

2 weeks old!

Madeline is 2 weeks old already! How did we celebrate? By doing what she loves most - sleeping with/on mommy!
 
After Joseph and Joe headed off for work/school, I tried to start cleaning the bathroom and working on chores around the house, but little miss decided to wake up and that it was time to eat again. Now. She's a girl who knows what she wants and service in our house is generally too slow in her opinion.
 
After she ate, she was really alert, so I opted to try and take a few pictures with our old camera. For some reason, the SD card for the good camera is acting up, so I'm stuck with the old one until we figure out what's wrong.



She generally moves too fast to photo well in the low light of the bedroom, so many pictures have blurry hands/arms. Oh well. We'll just have to keep taking pictures!

This is not a great picture, but shows how Madeline prefers to be held most of the time when she's awake but sleepy. We had been doing some skin to skin time, so I apologize for the side boob in the ugly nursing bra.


 While she's still generally quite sleepy, I'm starting to notice that she's becoming more alert during her brief awake periods. She'll spent a good amount of time just looking around, taking everything in.



It's still too early to tell, but I think her eyes look pretty similar to Joseph's. They're still the newborn steely blue color, and I can't wait to see what color they'll end up!


5 comments:

Linda said...

She looks so much like Joseph in the second picture. She's so sweet!

Mom said...

I agree that she resembles VII. Another cutie for sure.

Lisa C said...

So cute! When I saw her in person, I thought her mouth looked a lot like 7's, too. As far as your SD card, have you check the lock switch and then put it in your camera and reformatted it? Those 2 things are always the culprits when I have problems.

Mom said...

Beautiful little Madeline ! Is that her finger in her mouth?? Oh my, she is like her Mama!!

Ashley Olson said...

She is beautiful!!! I miss all of u already!!