Thursday, July 17, 2014

Buggies!

The kids have entered a phase whereby they love bugs. And and all. The creepier the better and yes, they love to pick up dead ones and show them to us. 

Imagine my surprise when I came outside to see them staring intently at something on the ground, and Maddie is chirping "mommy! Look at this mommy! Buggies!" Turns out, they has found a lizard and it's baby. We hear them rustling around in the bushes all the time but rarely see them. 
I had been sweeping out the garage and thought they were hiding in a piece of garbage. I was surprised they weren't running off to hide, but figured they'd be gone once we came back. Except they weren't, because that piece of garbage was actually a glue trap left behind by the exterminator last week. Oops. I'm glad I didn't have to explain that one to the kids  and am a little sad to see the lizards end up with that fate. 

No comments: