Monday, January 19, 2009

One More Week!

Today the countertop guy came and did the template for our new counters. Hopefully all will go well, and the counters will show up next Monday to be installed. This afternoon the UPS guy made my afternoon, delivering all 14 boxes of our last shipment of kitchen goods! Hard to believe, but 3 cabinets, some cabinet lights and drawer pulls took 14 boxes, somehow. I spent the last couple of hours assembling the remaining cabinets, and when Joe gets home in a bit, we'll spend tonight securing all of the cabinets to the walls. We're also hoping to bring in the appliances tonight. After everything is mounted, we can go ahead and start putting the shelves and doors on - I imagine that'll probably happen tomorrow, as we were up late last night and had to get up early this morning, so I know I'm dragging today, and trying to fight off a cold. If Joe brings the camera home, we'll take pictures tonight once all the cabinets are up and post them!

3 comments:

Linda said...

When I saw your title on my Reader I was afraid something went wrong and that you weren't going to get the last of your cabinets for another week! I'm glad you got them and that everything is still on track!

Mom said...

What progress!! I can't wait to see the most recent pictures. It is really coming along nicely.

Mom said...

Sounds terrific. What a fun project. I can't wait to see pictures. Mom