Friday, January 22, 2010

Full Term!

Well, we've made it to 37 weeks, which is considered full term! At this point, we're waiting (somewhat impatiently) for the baby's arrival. It's rather frustrating knowing he could arrive any day now, or completely miss his due date in 3 weeks and make us wait another week or more! At my doctor's appointment this past Monday she did her first internal exam, and determined that I'm only 1 cm dilated, but 60-70% effaced, and that the baby is at a -1 station. What does that mean? Not a lot, as he'll come when he's good and ready. What she was willing to say was that it was good progress for being as far out from my due date as I am, and that she usually doesn't see patients with this progress at this stage go overdue. Usually. No promises though!

So on the advice of my friend who had her baby 10 days before her due date, I'm drinking raspberry tea twice a day, trying to go for walks daily, may start eating eggplant parmesan every few days, and if necessary, will send Joe to the store for a mini trampoline and jump rope to see if we can't just shake this baby out! :) (I'm kidding about that last part) I'm also trying to keep the house clean and in order. We really only "live" in a couple of rooms, so I figure if I spend a little time each day cleaning one room, the next day cleaning the next, etc. I won't get too tired, and that will keep any one place from getting too messy. With two dogs, the house is never perfect, especially while all of our 23" of snow continues to melt and turn into a muddy slushy mess that is apparently really fun to run and play in.

In all honesty, while it's exciting to know we're so close to the due date, it's really starting to get scary knowing we're going to be parents so soon!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm getting anxious too! When I went in a week overdue I still wasn't at a 1! Hopefully that means you'll go before I did!