Friday, January 15, 2010

Little Updates

Things are progressing nicely, albeit slowly, toward the pregnancy finish line. This past weekend I worked the KC Boat & Sportshow with my parents, and Joe helped out quite a bit too. You know how they say a pregnant woman shouldn't be on her feet too much? Turns out, that's true! Although I felt fine mentally, physically I needed a lot of breaks, and ended up with some serious cankles at the end of each day. Luckily, I'm back to feeling fairly normal - my sciatica nerve pain is gone, and other common pregnancy ailments aren't that bad. I haven't had to worry about lack of movement, even as he gets bigger - I get swift kicks to the ribs and bladder, and what I assume are elbows and knees rolling across my belly all the time!

This week I've been working at Joe's office almost every day, as I recover from the boat show and get back to work on our store's website. Joe's been busier through December and January than they expected, so I figured there's not much difference between sitting on my couch at home with the dogs working and actually getting up, getting dressed and answering a few phone calls while working. It helps to keep me feeling like a "real" person, although I definitely don't mind the days of sitting back in our recliner couch seats, laptop balanced on my belly and the arm of the couch, getting work done in pajama pants!

As far as the nursery goes, it pains me to tell you it's 99% of the way done. I won a crib skirt off ebay - the same one they show in the PBK catalog with the Dr. Suess bedding, but half price! It showed up two days ago, so I remade the crib yesterday... it definitely looks finished now. The goal tonight/this weekend is to put the air registers back up, hang the mobile, sweep/mop the floor, and take final pictures, because that's all we have left to do! I even spent some time yesterday pulling 7's 0-3 month clothes out of the closet and washing them. They're all nicely folded in his dresser now.

Other big things on the agenda for this weekend? Packing my hospital bag (I think Joe's going to go crazy if I don't get that done, now that we're at the 36 week mark), cleaning the house (we're trying to keep it in a ready to go state from here on out), cleaning both our cars and putting a new battery in mine so we can install the car seat bases, and cleaning out the garage so we can actually put a car inside it! If we're really feeling abitious, we may start cleaning up the basement too - Joe is trying to redo his work bench, and we both know that our free time will go from somewhat valuable to non-existent in a few weeks, so if we can get that project finished, it would be great!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Not a minute too soon to get that bag ready!! Joe will definitely be relieved that is done. Can't wait to see the final pictures!! Dad has our crib done and your room looks soooooooooo cute.We just need that little guy to show up when he is ready!