Monday, January 25, 2010

Maintaining Status Quo

Today was our 37 1/2 week appointment. I wasn't sure if the doctor was going to do another internal exam to check for any new progress, but she did. And there wasn't any. Oh well. I've really started to experience a lot of pressure down low, but still getting kicked up high. While it appears from the internal exams that the baby has dropped (and my belly does look like it's sitting a little lower), the baby still is kicking my ribs and now pushing way down low... sometimes it feels like he's playing around in my groin/upper thigh area with his hands! I keep reading that baby's movement is supposed to slow down at the end, since they've run out of space to move. Someone needs to send that message to 7, b/c he certainly hasn't slowed down at all. In fact, as I sit here typing this, he's moving around non-stop, and has been for the last 25 minutes. Little pushes, shoves, rolls - actually, they're not that little either!

If Joe's original prediction that the baby will be born on Feb. 2, then we're only 8 days away. We're all ready at this point, so hopefully he doesn't make us wait too long!

No comments: