Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Somehow four years have gone by, as today is Joe and my wedding anniversary. Oh, how time flies!

Last night was the first night in almost two weeks that we had a slight variation from Joseph's new sleeping/feeding schedule, which required an additional very early morning feeding.... not too bad though, all things considered. He's really becoming a happy morning baby, comfortable with spending some time by himself in the crib just checking things out. He seems to "talk" more, giggle and smile and waits for one of us to come get him for his feeding.

This morning was no exception, as we hung out and cuddled before and after his feeding. Mid morning Jennifer came over (she's in town for a couple of days during her Spring Break) and watched Joseph for me so I could go out on my first run since October! I wasn't planning on taking the dogs, but they saw me lace up my running shoes and eagerly ran to the front door, so I gave in. We did our normal 3 mile loop, of which I ran about half. Although I was slow, it felt amazing to be running again! The dogs seemed to enjoy it a lot too.

I also had another milestone day - I was able to zip up and button my pre-pregnancy "fat" jeans! Granted, I could hardly move and would never consider leaving the house with the enormous muffin top I had hanging out over the waistband. However, a few weeks ago, I was multiple inches away from being able to button the jeans, so I know I'm making progress! Just in time, too, because my skinniest pair of maternity jeans are getting scary loose - another week or two, and they may just fall down if I bend over or jump.

Tonight, Ashley and Jen babysat Joseph so Joe and I could go out to dinner and a movie for our anniversary. We wanted to see Shutter Island, but the timing didn't end up working out, so we enjoyed our dinner, ended up getting ice cream at Murray's (only single scoops on basic cones... we're cutting back, since it's the year of the abs :) ) and picked up a redbox movie to watch. I'll still probably fall asleep while watching the movie, as frequently happens, but the few hours off for a date night was really nice.

Tomorrow I have some deep cleaning planned, and then we're off to the Lake of the Ozarks for the weekend, as soon as Joe gets home - should be a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Can't wait to see you!!!!!!