Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tummy Time

New this week, tummy time success! I've tried tummy time previously with Joseph and he screamed bloody murder within 15 seconds of me putting him on his belly. Jennifer gave us this adorable playmat, so I figured I'd pull it out and see if it got us anywhere. The first time I put him down, he was nice and calm!
He seemed to be enjoying laying there, so I actually took the time to assemble the crossbars while he hung out on the mat! I still need to add batteries, but didn't want to leave him alone or push my luck by pulling him off and putting him back down.


We've done a few minutes on the mat every morning since pulling it out on Wednesday, and he hasn't fussed once! I don't know whether he's just getting used to it, or if the playmat is magical, but it's great regardless! It's fun watching him be calm and allowing me to show him himself in the mirror, play with the rattle and crinkle the noise-making leaves while he takes it all in. Great toy, Jen!

No comments: