Friday, September 10, 2010

House Party Fun

A few months ago I heard of a website called houseparty.com from one of the blogs I follow. It's a website that lists events various manufacturers and companies are looking for consumers to promote for them, through house parties, in exchange for free product. I've seen parties listed for Boboli pizza, Febreeze, Kraft foods, etc, and there are frequently parties tailored for kids. I applied to host a Fisher-Price party a month or two ago, and found out two weeks ago that I was selected. The catch? I have to promote and host a party for approximately 10 parents and their babies, ages 6 months to 36 months. The fun side? We are playing with 5 of the newest Fisher-Price toys on the market! The best part? We get to keep everything, at no cost to us!!

I received the two, stuffed to the top, boxes today, full of toys, diapers, and even batteries for the toys. Check it out -



All in all, we received 5 major toys, retailing over $200, plus diaper samples, free stacking toys, coupons, gift bags and tissue for 10 kids, along with a full package of diapers and batteries for the toys. It's an early Christmas for Joseph! :)

I don't know many people with babies/toddlers who live in KC, but there are a bunch of families on our street that I haven't met. Now that I know the toys are really coming, I'm going to pass out open house invites and see if we can't use the event to meet more of our neighbors. The party? Next Saturday afternoon. I figure if I have many of the freebie toys and diaper samples left over, I can always donate them to a local shelter.

I can't believe how easy the whole process has been. I'm definitely going to sign up for more parties in the future, and recommend the website to you!

No comments: