Friday, August 24, 2012

One Week Left...?

Today marks the 39th week of pregnancy! I have a hard time imagining that I'll actually need to be induced at 41 weeks again. Joseph and I are still taking longish morning walks with Molly almost every day, and when I'm up moving around I feel lots of pressure super low. I'm solidly in the "ready to be done" phase, but of course earlier this week we ran into a hiccup in the "please come early" plans - Joseph came down with a nasty cold Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

He's been running a high fever, generally 100-103.7 degrees when he isn't on Tylenol, and a hard cough that errupts in fits and has made him thrown up a few times. We managed to see the doctor yesterday, and she confirmed that it isn't a serious cold, but rather something we'll just need to let run its course. He had to stay home from "school" today, and while it's rather difficult to manage a clingy toddler who's coughing all over me, there have been some definite bright spots in the last few days. It's times like these that I'm reminded just how sweet and wonderful of a little boy we have.

He's gotten really good about covering his mouth when coughing, and still manages to use "please" and "thank you mommy" without any prompting when I refill his juice cup or read him the same story for the 4th time. He's been fighting taking any medicine, but when we told him that if we was sick and coughing he wouldn't be able to play with baby sister or Mason when they come over, he started being much more agreeable to trying to get better. He's not sleeping well at nights or during naps, so when I went into his room this afternoon all he wanted to do was cuddle in his bed and listen to stories. For about an hour, we just layed together, and it was really bittersweet thinking how little time we have left, just the two of us. So hopefully baby sister stays put a few days longer so we can get Joseph feeling better before I have two kiddos who need my full attention!

No comments: