Sunday, July 8, 2012

Best Cereal Box Prize Ever

The alternate title for this post is "why recycling really pays off!" Today I opened a new box of cereal for breakfast, and after church, decided to clean out the bottom shelf of the pantry to make some space for it. We had a couple boxes of half-eaten cereal that hadn't been touched in a long time (like months) so I figured it was time to throw them out. Instead of just throwing the whole box of Count Chocula away, though, like usual I separated the bag from the box so I could recycle the box. Imagine my surprise when I felt something bouncing around at the bottom of the empty box. I assumed maybe it was a prize of some sort.... but I never expected to find our missing RAV 4 key! I can only imagine that Joseph had been eating from the box when he was playing with the key, which has been missing for months, and it fell inside. I'm so glad that I didn't just throw the whole thing away, as we had pretty much figured we'd never see the key again after tearing the house apart and not ever finding it. Hooray!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome! I saw on your to-do list "find rav key", so I guess you can check that one off! :)

Lisa C said...

It's because you went to church :)