Thursday, February 18, 2010

Case of the Sevens

Well, today was the last chance for the baby to decide to make an appearance on his own. Apparently he's quite the procrastinator, taking after his dad. I woke up this morning and realized that I was having stronger contractions, averaging about 8 minutes apart, for the first few hours of the morning. However, as morning turned into afternoon, they subsided and became very inconsistent. I'm still making some progress and think I'm probably in very early labor stages, but contractions aren't getting closer together - just a little more painful. I took the opportunity to get a manicure, pick up some dog food (I don't think they'd appreciate not eating because of their new family member!) and just relax today. Joe's on his way home from work and we'll take the dogs on a nice long walk, and take advantage of the beautiful weather - we finally hit 50 degrees today! So unless something changes, and quickly, it looks like we'll be heading to the hospital first thing in the morning to start the induction process.

So apparently Joe 7 didn't want to show up 7 days early, or on Feb. 7th, but has an excellent chance of being born 7 days late, if all goes well! Keep your fingers crossed - maybe this time tomorrow we'll have a baby!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so excited for you! I don't know what they'll let you do because you're already dilated, but I got them to give me topical oxytocin which put me into labor and I didn't have to go on a pitocin drip--yeah!

Unknown said...

Can't think of anything but you and our new Grandson!! Now, if you only answered your phone I could relax until tomorrow when we are in the car to Kansas City!!!