Sunday, February 28, 2010

Yesterday was my first outing away from 7 - I had only bought one nursing bra before he was born, and decided I really needed to go get another. We planned the whole afternoon out - Kyle's parents were coming to visit around 1pm, he'd be ready for a feeding around 2-3pm, and immediately afterward, my mom and I would run to the closest Motherhood store to get fitted and maybe pick up another nursing shirt or two. I knew I had at least 2 hours, possibly 2 1/2, to get out and back before it was time for 7 to eat again. Everything was going according to plan, until it was time to leave. Mom had walked down to Ashley's house, so I drove down to pick her up, but the car was on empty (no baby on his way, so no pressing need to keep the car above a half tank every day!) so we had to get gas. First gas station, the pump was broken. As was the next pump over. The rest of the gas station was full, so we left and headed to the next gas station down the road. It was packed too, but we finally were able to gas up and hit the highway.

We headed to the mall, and I swear, when we pulled up, I thought there must be some big event going on - the ENTIRE parking lot was full! I mean, it rivaled the weekend before Christmas traffic! It took awhile to find a place to park, and we went inside to figure out what the big deal was and hit the store. The mall was so crowded, we couldn't walk quickly without running into people. As I rounded the corner to the Motherhood store, I discovered that...it was gone. It was there two weeks ago, b/c Joe and I mall walked at this very mall in the week between the baby's due date and actual arrival, and now it was completely closed up, along with a bunch of other stores in that stretch of space. And no indication if it had moved somewhere else in the mall, or was gone for good. Mom and I split up and each took one level of the mall, trying to see if it had moved, and found out, nope, it was just gone.

By this time, I was getting rather frustrated. I'd been gone for an hour and a half since the start of the last feeding, and was running low on time. We hopped in the car, headed to Babies R'Us, as I knew I could at least get a few things there. It was packed too... but we had success and managed to get back with about 20 minutes to spare before 7 was hungry enough to eat. The last few weeks here have been really cold, and with the awful weather last weekend, I think this weekend's sunny, 40 degree weather brought everyone out.

And without further adieu, here are more pictures of the cutest baby in the world!
 
 

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ah yes -- shopping after the arrival of children is never the same, even if they're with a sitter!

Mom said...

Great pictures!! Where was he for the grey stripe pictures? He looks older already!!

Linda said...

So, what do you guys call him when you are talking to him/about? Is 7 going to stick, or will it be Joseph? Joe?