Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Well, we had our 41 week appointment today. The good news is she didn't make us schedule a follow up - at some point before the end of the weekend we should have a baby! She said I'm a little more dilated (although we think she might just be trying to come up with encouraging words for us) and went ahead and stripped my membranes. Apparently in some women this initates labor, and others does nothing. Here's hoping we're in the first group and back at the hospital within the next day... I really want to avoid being induced, but if it comes to that, oh well. We'll keep you posted in case things change!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Love! Well, of the two women I know of who had labor induced, both went through horrible pain before ultimately having a cesarian (spelling?). You may just ask for the c-section upfront? One suggestion I have heard to induce labor naturally is to walk uphill....good luck! I'm rooting for you in Dallas. :)