Friday, February 12, 2010

Fashionably Late...

Well, unless he shows up sometime in the next 8 hours, the baby is going to miss his due date. And I for one think it's not very nice that since 37 weeks my doctor has been telling us that she'd expect he'd be here by his due date! Oh well. Although I know he can't be stubborn for much longer, each day seems agonizingly long and boring. At this point, I'm assuming he's going to come on Sunday, just because I don't want him to have to share his birthday with a holiday.

Here are the 40 week, due date pictures. Although I feel like I can't get any bigger, I am thankful that my belly has managed the crazy weight gain and stretching well - no stretch marks so far, and my belly button is almost totally flat, but hasn't "popped" out.  Bending over is quite the chore, and getting laundry out of the machines is getting tricky, as my belly keeps getting in the way. And yes, I've reached the point where all of my shirts are too short to completely cover the bottom of my belly. You'd think the draft might get annoying for the little guy, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all.


Here's hoping that the next set of pictures we post is of a much cuter little baby, and not me anymore!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh!!! He couldn't get larger, there is no more room!! You are much more braver than your Mom! I would never had shown my 9 month pregnant body to anyone!! But he sure will enjoy it later in life!!

Mom said...

You look great and it won't be long now. You're going to be such a great mom, pancakes, planning ahead, awesome stuff. Hang in there Mom